Cannabidiol has become a household name, thanks to research highlighting the medicinal and therapeutic benefits it provides. What’s more, in recent years, research has proven beyond a reasonable doubt the harmful side effects of smoking. As a result, more and more people are trying to move away from traditional cigarettes and replace them with healthier alternatives. One of the more viable options on the market is CBD e-liquid or vape carts. Do you know how to vape CBD E-liquid? Otherwise, learning how to vape a CBD e-liquid can help you switch from smoking to safer, longer lasting habits. Here’s a rundown of everything you need to know about vaping CBD e-liquid like a pro.
What is a CBD E-Liquid?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is one of over a hundred chemical compounds found in the Cannabis Sativa plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol does not produce any psychoactive effects, making it safe for prolonged use. In addition, these compounds have several medicinal properties and therapeutic properties, allowing them to work as powerful natural remedies. Manufacturers can extract these substances from marijuana and hemp. However, most brands prefer the latter because it contains lower amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol. The 2018 Farm Bill legalized the sale of hemp products containing less than 0.3% THC. As a result, hemp mining helps businesses stay on the right side of the law.
Cannabidiol carts or e-liquids are fluids that contain hemp extracts in varying amounts. Vaping devices produce vapors from these liquids and allow users to inhale them while vaping. Unlike smoking which burns tobacco to create smoke, vaping does not involve combustion. As a result, it does not generate new chemical compounds or toxins. On the other hand, research shows that smoking releases new toxins and chemicals. These are foreign to the parent material causing severe damage to our body. Studies point out that cigarettes contain over 7,000 chemicals and 70 carcinogens, making them dangerous and harmful.
Can we vape cannabidiol?
Most people are familiar with cannabidiol products, such as tinctures, oils, edibles, and topical creams. However, people ignore vape carts and e-liquids that contain these hemp extracts because they seem intimidating at first glance. Whenever someone says they are vaping hemp oil, they are referring to vape juice or cannabidiol infused e-liquid. However, we cannot use all types of cannabidiol and hemp extracts in vaping devices. Manufacturers are creating unique formulations with food grade ingredients that can be safely consumed and marketed as vape juice. However, individuals cannot vape all oils that contain cannabidiol, as some are strictly intended for oral consumption. While tinctures intended for oral consumption are oil-based, vape oil does not. On the other hand, these concoctions use hemp extracts, PG, terpenes and VG.
What do you need to get started?
- Vape pens are the devices you use to heat e-liquid and inhale medicinal vapors. These come in different sizes, shapes and types. Disposable pens are the most user-friendly but can get expensive in the long run. Therefore, if you are planning to stick with this habit, it would be better to consider investing in a pen or rechargeable device for economic reasons.
- Disposable pens are inexpensive, tiny, and lightweight devices that look like cigarettes and come with a built-in battery and heating coil. These will last you a hundred puffs, after which you will need to replace them with another similar pen.
- Oil cartridges are thin cylindrical reservoirs that contain either CBD juice or distillate. As these are different in size and shape, you need to purchase carts that are compatible with your pens and vice versa. For example, if you have 510 cartridges, you will need a vape pen with 510 thread battery to optimize your vaping experience. These usually contain between 50 and 100ml of liquid and are effective for beginners.
- Pods are similar to cartridges but work like JUUL batteries. These are one of the most popular vaping devices available in the market. People who use such products can easily switch from nicotine to cannabidiol, making it a great option for people trying to quit smoking.
- Refillable vape pens are refillable devices that allow individuals to refill their e-liquids or their vape juice once empty. Although these require more skills to operate, they are a long term, economical and profitable investment. They include a battery connected to a tank and can produce more flavor and vapor from the vape juice.
How to vape a CBD e-liquid?
One of the first steps in learning how to vape CBD e-liquid is figuring out the right dosage for yourself. Most people see a doctor for the best dosage guidelines and recommendations. Deciding how much power and strength you need depends on several factors, including your height, weight, age, history of use, and medical condition. However, beginners should make sure not to consume more than 5 mg per day to avoid developing a high tolerance or overdose. Start with a low dose, monitor product changes, and update your intake as needed for the best user experience.
Then, individuals have to choose a suitable vaping device to use, and the market offers products of different types and specifications. While some are easier to use than others, most devices are user-friendly and require very little getting used to. If you are feeling intimidated because you have no previous experience, go for the simplest vape pen available. While disposable carts are the easiest to use, refillable pods are cost effective and more economical in the long run.
Before you begin, be sure to review the included instruction manual to make sure you are using the correct type of cartridge and battery. It will provide instructions on how to clean your device, charge your cartridge, and place the batteries.
After connecting the battery, turn on the vape pen, press the button provided and inhale the vapor produced. If you are using refillable pens, you may need to wait about 15 seconds after turning on the device to inhale the smoke.
Once the vapors enter your mouth, hold them at the back of your throat for a while before exhaling them. If you are a beginner, wait a minute before taking your next puff. Always start with low doses and only increase your intake if you feel nothing after a few minutes.
Since this method of ingestion works the hemp extracts into your lungs, they produce an instant and long-lasting effect. In comparison, your body needs to digest edibles and cannabidiol capsules before they can induce an effect, resulting in a longer wait time.
As you can see, vaping CBD e-liquid is a natural progression for people who want to reduce their addiction to cigarettes. Vap or take CBD cigarettes works as a safer, healthier and longer lasting option that can help people avoid the side effects of smoking. How Has Learning To Vape CBD E Liquids Transform Your Life? Help others make the transition by sharing your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.